Security Awareness Alerts
Safeguarding Yourself Online
- The use of public computers is not recommended due to the high risk of malware infection, such as Trojans, spyware and key-loggers.
- Always type our website’s address in the address bar of the browser or use a bookmark or favourite to access our websites.
- Avoid accessing our websites via hyperlink embedded in email, internet search engine or suspicious pop-up windows.
- Always ensure that our website address appears with https:// and a security icon in the form of lock or key appears next to https. Our websites are encrypted using the proven Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol that enables secure communication over internet and wireless network.
- Disable any wireless network (WIFI) not in use and choose encrypted networks before accessing to any WIFI.
- Be vigilant when receiving emails or email attachments even if it appears to be sent by our Company or your bank.
- Always check the sender name and email address on its validity.
- Do not provide your account details or passwords in response to an e-mail or by phone.
- Do not respond to email scams or open suspicious emails and delete it immediately.
- Always use trusted devices, preferably your own and never share your devices with others.
- Do not use the “Remember/Save Password” function because your credential can be easily accessed by hacktivists.
- Do not keep any sensitive personal information such as your contact number, email address, login id, password in your devices.
- Log out your devices when you must leave them unattended, even for a moment. Configure your device security settings with auto-lock and password protection.
- Ensure that your device’s operating system, browser and security patches are up-to-date.
- Do not download apps from unknown or untrusted sources. These may incorporate hacker-friendly software.
- Clear your cache (information stored in your device memory) each time you log out.
Our Official Websites
Do take notice that the official Corporate Websites of Inter-Pacific Securities Sdn Bhd are as follows: